ST. LOUIS, MISSOURI PROPERTY EST. 1922 The Chase Park Plaza has gracefully united two legendary St. Louis landmarks: the Chase, built by and named for Chase Ullman in 1922, and the Park Plaza, constructed by hotelier Sam Kopler some years later. Since then, the tastefully decorated spaces and luxurious accommodations have welcomed celebrities, world leaders, and 10 U.S. presidents in sophisticated style. In the 1950s, the Chase Club hosted such big band acts as Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra, Bob Hope, and Jerry Lewis; their performances broadcasted across the country. Despite a brief closure in the 1990s, a recent multi-million-dollar renovation has lovingly preserved and artfully revitalized The Chase Park Plaza’s original grandeur. The Depression delayed the Park Plaza’s construction until 1931. ORIGINAL HOTEL CLASSIC SERVICE BLENDED DÉCOR ART DECO AMENITIES 338 guestrooms and suites, many with park or city views. Guests enjoy access to Santé, the 18,000-square-foot fitness facility. Heated outdoor pool, business center, 5-screen cinema, full-service Aveda salon and spa, and coffee and gift shop. DINING Eau Bistro serves fine cosmopolitan world cuisine with a twist. Café Eau, with its casual indoor and outdoor settings, offers guests a pleasant venue to relax and enjoy music, food, and drinks. Other dining and lounge options include Chaser’s Lounge and The Tenderloin Room, which is known for its masterfully seasoned steaks. LOCATION In the Central West End of St. Louis, adjacent to Forest Park and the Clayton business district. Lambert-St. Louis Int’l Airport: 11 miles, 20 minutes. 212-232 North Kingshighway Boulevard St. Louis, MO 63108 T 314.633.3000
Published by Historic-Hotels. View All Articles.
This page can be found at http://digital.milespartnership.com/article/The+Chase+Park+Plaza/2706541/380630/article.html.